(Full-Time 35-40 hours per week)
We have an immediate opening for a journeyman electrician to join our growing company. The electrical lead will be part of Shift’s Field Operations team. As an integral member of the team, the ideal candidate will install electrical systems, solar racking and modules, and interconnect our residential and commercial solar pv systems. Once capable this individual will lead a crew of 3. It is the responsibility of every team member to ensure safe work practices for Shift’s operations team.
To help with the short-listing of candidates for this position we’re requesting candidates respond to the following questions in a cover letter:
- Please describe your level of comfort working at heights
- Do you have experience leading a crew? Please explain
- Do you have reliable transportation? Can you provide a clean driving abstract?
- Please describe your experience with wood-frame residential
- Please describe your experience with residential service upgrades
- What would be your preference for a starting date?
- Install Solar Systems in accordance with codes and standards using design drawings, schematics, and/or instructions
- Assemble solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified
- Interface with Project Manager to ensure compliance with system design and necessary codes
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers throughout the process
- Additional duties required as needed but could include assisting with the completion of commercial LED Lighting retrofits and other electrical installations on an adhoc basis.
- Red Seal Journeyman
- Minimum 2 years experience with residential electrical work
- Current fall protection certification an asset. Employees cannot begin work until fall protection certification has been obtained
- Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry strongly preferred
- Understanding of the CEC codes that relate to PV solar installations an asset
- Must be very organized and be able to meet tight timelines
- Must be physically fit and able to safely handle tools and materials such as: ladders, inverters, solar panels, panel boards, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, etc.)
- Capable of working at heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders and stairs; and performing repetitious duties, including lifting, bending and standing for long periods of time
- Keep accurate records of material used and proper documentation on work orders relating to the installation
- Experience using basic hand and power tools
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
The majority of your project work will be located in the south Island and gulf islands. Occasionally the successful candidate will be required to travel during the week.
Shift Energy Group is Western Canada’s single source for comprehensive clean energy solutions. Our teams design-build LED Lighting Retrofits, Solar Photovoltaic Systems, Energy Storage Systems and Electric Vehicle Charging Solutions. Together our energy solutions deliver long-term value, saving our customers money, and the environment.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$38.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $34.00-$40.00 per hour
Additional pay: Bonus Pay
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
Schedule: 8 Hour Shift
Work remotely: No
Send us some details and upload your resume and we’ll see if there is a good fit for you!