Home / COVID-19 Update
Your safety is our first priority.
Shift Energy Group is committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19. We strive to put people first, both our customers and staff.
As a company, we are closely following both Federal, Provincial and Local guidelines at our corporate offices. Currently, a number of our employees who work at our offices are working from home. For both our office and in-field staff, we require that anyone who feels unwell stops working immediately and takes appropriate actions for their health and the safety of those around them. We also suggest anyone who feels unwell, to go get a COVID test to ensure a clean bill of health.
All field staff requiring access inside client homes are required to wear proper PPE (gloves and mask) to contain the spread of germs.
Using technology to help reduce exposure and promote safety.
Wherever possible, we have been leveraging new technology that keeps our customers and employees safe during this pandemic. Some of these measures include:
- Online or Phone Consultations: Where possible, we try to use technology to communicate rather than face-to-face meetings.
- E-Sign Documents: All pertinent contracts and documents can be signed using Docusign.
- Google Earth Imagery: Solar system designs are customized using aerial imagery, which reduces the need to take on-site visits.
- Digital Proposals: Your custom design, system information, and solar agreement will all be delivered through digital mediums.
- Remote System Activation: Once a new system is installed, we can “turn it on” remotely, reducing in-home visits.
- System Performance: Your solar system performance can be monitored online with these use of an online application.
We’re Taking extra precautions during in-home visits and face-to-face interactions.
As much as we love shaking the hands of people we do business with, our office and in-field staff have been instructed to work in a “hand-shake free” way. All of our staff are required to practice social distancing and to wash and sanitize their hands regularly. All required signatures will be collected from a customer’s personal device, so we can avoid sharing handheld devices, like mobile phones.