Two Ways to Store Energy
Governments can use Tesla Powerpack to back up essential loads and levelize demand charges through dispatching battery power to limit spikes.
- Peak Shaving. Discharge at times of peak demand to avoid or reduce demand charges.
- Emergency Backup. Provide intermediate backup power to your business in the event of a grid interruption. This function can be standalone or tied to solar.
- Demand Response. Discharge instantly in response to signals from a demand response administrator to alleviate peaks in system load.
- Build a localized grid that can disconnect from the main power grid, operating independently and reinforcing overall grid resilience.
- Renewable Integration. Smooth and firm the output of a renewable power generation source such as wind or solar.
- Capacity Reserve. Provide power and energy capacity to the grid as a standalone asset.
Length: 1,317 mm (50.9 in)
Width: 968 mm (38.1 in)
Height: 2,187 mm (86.1 in)
Weight: 2,199 kg (4,847 lbs)
Length: 1,044 mm (41.1 in)
Width: 1,394 mm (54.9 in)
Height: 2,191 mm (86.2 in)
Weight (max): 1,120 kg (2,470 lbs)
89.5% round-trip (4 hour system)
Governments can use Tesla PowerWall to obtain seamless backup power and reduce demand charges, with or without solar.
- Discharge at times of peak demand to avoid or reduce demand charges.
- Assures power in the event of a grid outage. When the grid goes down, solar energy will continue to power your home and charge your Powerwall.
Powerwall can provide a number of benefits including:
Shift Energy Group is a Tesla Powerwall Certified Installer, which means we offer a customized solar-plus-battery solution that enables you to access the free, abundant power of the sun and reduces your reliance on existing grid.
With Powerwall you can store solar energy generated during the day for use any time. During the day, the sun shines on your solar panels, charging your battery. At night, your home draws electricity from your battery, powering your home with clean, sustainable energy 24/7.
Installing Powerwall with Shift is easy. We take care of everything from system design, engineering, permitting, installation, and commissioning.
Powerwall consists of a 14 kWh lithium-ion battery pack, liquid thermal control system, an integrated inverter and software that intelligently dispatches electricity when it’s needed most. The unit mounts seamlessly on a wall or on the ground, indoors or outdoors, and is connected to the grid to export excess energy, maximizing your opportunity for economic benefit.
Or contact us to get started installing a Tesla Powerwall in your city.